Protect green payments for farmers
Please call your Senator’s office and ask for his/her aide, or leave your message with the receptionist.
Instructions: Political insiders tell us that one phone call is worth dozens of emails. Please do both!
1) Zip: Enter your zip code below to find your Senator's phone number.
2) Call: Phone your Senator and make the points listed below.
3) Click: Then click “submit” to send the followup email, and invite your friends to do the same.
Talking points for your call:
- Please don't cut funds authorized in the 2008 Farm Bill for conservation on farms and ranches. We can’t afford any more cuts to agricultral conservation programs. The long-term costs of unsustainable soil erosion to our economy far outweigh our modest investments in conservation.
- Specifically, the President‘s 2012 budget proposes an immediate $1 billion cut to these critical conservation programs, and sets the stage for permanent cuts of $5 billion to conservation in the 2012 Farm Bill.
- I urge you to protect the only Farm Bill program that pays farmers to protect the soil, water and biodiversity on which our country’s agricultural productivity depends. Cutting these critical funds is unfair to farmers and future generations.