Make sure your vote counts and is counted
Your vote matters! Make sure that you, and every person in your circle of friends and family is fully prepared this election day. Spread the word and send this message to a friend!
November 4th will be a day for the history books -- you already know this. Whatever the polls say leading up to next Tuesday, and whatever your choice on that day, we at Pesticide Action Network want to remind you of two things:
- Just as the Bush Administration deeply affected our environmental health and social justice, so will the next U.S. administration, and
- Voting rules have changed since the last presidential election.
New "exact match" voter ID laws in a number of states have raised barriers to full electoral participation that disproportionately affect new voters, the elderly, people of color and the poor. And in defiance of a federal law prohibiting voter roll purges within 90 days of a federal election, many states have systematically purged voter rolls in the last few months, including swing states Colorado, Nevada and Ohio.
You have joined PAN to work for safe, clean and fair solutions. Many of you have taken action with PAN to create change in local, U.S. and international policy and regulation. As we move forward together, it really matters who is in the Oval Office, who gets appointed by that office and who sits in your local government.
Because your vote matters so much, it is especially important that you, and every person in your circle of friends and family, heads into Tuesday fully prepared. Here's what you can do:
- Find where and how early you can vote in advance at GoVote.org -- for Spanish speakers VeaVotar.com -- or by calling 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
- Voter ID laws vary by state. If you have a form of identification, bring it.
- If your name is not on the list, be sure you are at the right polling place, then demand a provisional ballot.
- If you're voting by machine with a paper record, verify that the record is accurate.
- If you, or someone you know needs legal help, call 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
- Tell a friend
Together we're making a difference,
Executive Director, Pesticide Action Network North America
For More Information:
A Google map of your voting location
Information on state purges of voting roles
An overview voter disenfranchisement, by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. & Greg Pallast
shareMORE - Spread the word!
PAN Alerts are a service to provide you with opportunities to take action and to stay informed about our most pressing local, state, national and international efforts to reduce pesticide use. It's produced by Pesticide Action Network North America, a non-profit and non-governmental organization working to advance sustainable alternatives to pesticides worldwide. We gladly accept donations for our work and all contributions are tax deductible in the United States.
Pesticide Action Network North America (PANNA) 49 Powell St., Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94102 USA
Phone: (415) 981-1771 Fax: (415) 981-1991 Email: email@example.com Web: http://www.panna.org